Adele 25 is pretty much everything you expected it to be: a dreary day of self reflection and endless tears. Yes, it’s the melancholic rabbit hole that will have you reflecting of love long past. Wondering if you could’ve done more. Wondering if you’ve made a mistake. And the only way to deal with said emotions is by drowning your sorrows in the cheapest boxed wine you can find, because you’re going to need a lot of it. Yes, the most expensive part of buying the Adele album is all the wine you have to drink along with it to drown your sorrows.
And here it is: the saddest lyrics from Adele 25, all compiled into a wonderful expression of all the feels you get from listening to lyrics of regret and nostalgia.
10. “Hello from the other side / I must’ve called a thousand times / To tell you I’m sorry for everything that I’ve done / But when I call you never seem to be home” – “Hello”
9. “When the pain cuts you deep / When the night keeps you from sleeping / Just look and you will see / That I will be your remedy” – “Remedy”
8. “But if by chance you’re here alone / Can I have a moment / Before I go? / Cause I’ve been by myself all night long / Hoping you’re someone I used to know” – “When We Were Young”
7. “I know I’m not the only one / Who regrets the things they’ve done / Sometimes I just feel it’s only me / Who never became who they thought they’d be” – “Million Years Ago”
6. “Take your eyes off me so I can leave / I’m far too ashamed to do it with you watching me / This is never ending, we have been here before / But I can’t stay this time cause I don’t love you anymore” – “Love In The Dark”
5. “I wish I could live a little more / Look up to the sky, not just the floor / I feel like my life is flashing by / And all I can do is watch and cry” – “Million Years Ago”
4. “Let me photograph you in this light / In case it is the last time / That we might be exactly like we were” – “When We Were Young”
3. “If this is my last night with you / Hold me like I’m more than just a friend / Give me a memory I can use / Take me by the hand while we do what lovers do / It matters how this ends / Cause what if I never love again?” – “All I Ask”
2. “I should probably tell you now before it’s way too late / That I never meant to hurt you or lie straight to your face / Consider this my apology, I know it’s years in advance / But I’d rather say it now in case I never get the chance” – “River Lea”
1. “If you’re gonna let me down, let me down gently / Don’t pretend that you don’t want me / Our love ain’t water under the bridge” – “Water Under The Bridge”
Watch the video above and let me know what lyric made you cry most!